Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Kallis?
danny
post Aug 15 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,636

What do you all think about leaving Jacques Kallis out of the Proteas squad? I was fairly surprised actually, because he's a really good all rounder, up there with Freddie. His batting innings do take a start rather slow though, which isn't good for 2020. But I think his bowling will be missed in World Cup.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stirer
post Aug 16 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Dedicated Member
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (danny @ Aug 15 2007, 02:11 AM) *
What do you all think about leaving Jacques Kallis out of the Proteas squad? I was fairly surprised actually, because he's a really good all rounder, up there with Freddie. His batting innings do take a start rather slow though, which isn't good for 2020. But I think his bowling will be missed in World Cup.

Yes, it's quite a shock. He's quite a backbone of the side. I think it's shocking that the vice captain of the Protea side, who was actually captain of a short tour to the UK recently, was treated so shabbily. I also think that his reaction was childish and petulent at best! He's resigned as vice captain and has made it known that he is reconsidering his future as a national player and is looking at other options. (Stupid!) He has hinted at the rebel Indian setup and is casting a glance over his shoulder at county cricket.

I think that mostly, he's looking at missed lucrative paydays during the T20 WC. Make no mistake, he can up the tempo when he bats. He's still on record with the fastest test 50. And he's shown in the past that he can turn the game in an ODI, with his batting. However, T20 cricket is still in it's infancy, and no stats are truly representative of players' ability.

Having said that, I think that the Saf squad is quite exciting, with a number of hard-hitting allrounders raring to make a name. The Morkel brothers, van der Wath and Philander have all made good runs in both ODIs and T20 style cricket, and have shown a mean hand with the ball.

+Quote Post
Shane
post Aug 16 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

No matter how much we lambast Big Jack and refer to him as the slow starter he will no doubt be sorely missed from the Saffer squad. I always enjoy watching the big fella and seriously hope Saf cricket doesn't lose him due to some hissy fit. The best thing he can do is just stand up and prove his detractors wrong.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2017 - 04:46 AM