IPB
Custom Search

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Before Posting Read Below

New Topics in this forum will be subject to Moderator preview prior to being publicly listed for comment.

Some posted Topics have the propensity to cause an explosion of opinion or emotions amongst members and as a result, ANYONE who finds these posts offensive and or upsetting is CAUTIONED to avoid getting involved in the debate and or raising topics that are likely to stir disharmony amongst members in this forum.

Only topics RELEVANT to CURRENT issues will be considered.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chucking Reports, Pak v England
Shane
post Nov 19 2005, 09:48 AM
Post #1

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Two chucking reports have come out of the 1st Test against the Poms at Multan.

Pakistan bowlers Shoaib Malik and Shabir Ahmed have both been reported for illegal bowling actions.

One can only say with the new chucking rules, these two guys must have looked pretty crook to get reported. Although I am a little confused by the ICC media wording of Maliks "stop and prop" method of delivery.....what the heck is stop and prop?

Did anyone see these two guys bowling during the match?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Nov 19 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 287

QUOTE (Shane @ Nov 19 2005, 09:48 AM) *
Two chucking reports have come out of the 1st Test against the Poms at Multan.

Pakistan bowlers Shoaib Malik and Shabir Ahmed have both been reported for illegal bowling actions.

One can only say with the new chucking rules, these two guys must have looked pretty crook to get reported. Although I am a little confused by the ICC media wording of Maliks "stop and prop" method of delivery.....what the heck is stop and prop?

Did anyone see these two guys bowling during the match?

I didn't see Malik bowling but Shabbir's action 'looked' bad, even under the huge billowing sails that he had for sleeves.

+Quote Post
Shane
post Nov 19 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (jamstains @ Nov 19 2005, 06:38 PM) *
I didn't see Malik bowling but Shabbir's action 'looked' bad, even under the huge billowing sails that he had for sleeves.

Apparently Ahmeds action detriorated from day 3 onwards. Bowden and Taufel apparently went out of their way to watch him during practice before the match commenced and also paid particular attention to him right the way through sessions of play. Obviously, one can conclude from this....someone....somewhere had mentioned him to them or they wanted to be able to make a fair comparison of his action at different times to jugde and or watch for any variation.

Maybe the fact this info has got out will lead to calls by players to ban umpires from training sessions.

+Quote Post
Jakkels
post Nov 25 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #4

Global Mod

Group: Dedicated Member
Member No.: 60

No idea about Stop etc, but the action he has did look odd. Thing is, I am not sure if by chucking they gained any advantage. Its not as clear cut as, say when Muri does the doosra.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:08 AM