2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Tait A Chucker ?
jamstains
post Dec 15 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 287

Haven't seen much of the lad for a while, but watching the slo-mo replays in the T20 match, he appears to have adjusted his action slightly.

It might have just been the camera angle, but once or twice his action looked ever so slightly chucky.

Did anyone else catch this ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Beacom
post Dec 15 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member

Group: Dedicated Member
Member No.: 565

I think it's just because Vettori and the Kiwi's started stirring the pot. Vettori's comments were laughable that as soon as someone bowls that fast their action will be looked at. They just want it looked at because they can't handle the heat. And this from a man who has no problems with Murali. The chucker with 700 test wickets.

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 15 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Taits action looks very clean to me, occasionally a little whippy, but not as bad as Brett Lee a few years back who definitely chucked when seeking extra pace.

The Kiwis are simply attempting to play mind games and get under the Aussies skin, they've never been real good at it and now Fleming is gone...the sledging is left to Vittori whose really a little to nerdy looking to be a good sledger and Bracewell who couldn't bowl a sasauge roll over in a porsche.

Bracewells job is on the line and is on the verge of being booted, so he needs some sort of distraction.

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 15 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Andrew Beacom @ Dec 15 2007, 06:13 AM) *
I think it's just because Vettori and the Kiwi's started stirring the pot. Vettori's comments were laughable that as soon as someone bowls that fast their action will be looked at. They just want it looked at because they can't handle the heat. And this from a man who has no problems with Murali. The chucker with 700 test wickets.

Maaaaate...700 Test Wickets....His action has only been legal for a couple of years, so they're the only ones that should really count. (IMG:http://abcofcricket.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Dec 15 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #5

Guys....

I hadn't realised the Kiwi management had kicked off about it. It really was just the slow-mo pics I saw on telly that made me post - and from the angle they used, it really did look like he was chucking.

+Quote Post
PommyDave
post Dec 16 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 1,151

Dya remember when Darren Lehmann cried when the barmy army were shouting 'no ball' at Brett Lee? Hehe.

I've not seen a lot of Taits action...I'm not sure whether I want to be typically partisan and for him to have to rework his action again to legitimise it, or for it to be ok anyway and to just to admire his talent for years to come as a cricket fan.

Split.

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 16 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #7

Site Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (jamstains @ Dec 15 2007, 09:26 PM) *
Guys....

I hadn't realised the Kiwi management had kicked off about it. It really was just the slow-mo pics I saw on telly that made me post - and from the angle they used, it really did look like he was chucking.

If you are fishing for a bite from "The Only Gay in the Forum" then your bait will come up empty ole son. (IMG:http://abcofcricket.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Seems to have self imploded. (IMG:http://abcofcricket.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Dec 16 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Shane @ Dec 15 2007, 10:53 PM) *
If you are fishing for a bite from "The Only Gay in the Forum" then your bait will come up empty ole son. (IMG:http://abcofcricket.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Seems to have self imploded. (IMG:http://abcofcricket.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Ha ha. Strangely, no. Just an observation.

What have the Kiwis said ?

+Quote Post
Stirer
post Dec 17 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 3

Seems to be a few "chuckers" around these days. Our Johan Botha had to be sent home from a tour to you-know-where, as soon as he took a wicket. He took some time off and now he's back in the ODI fray.

It's such a difficult thing to judge, and impossible to umpire. I just wonder if it might not be worth while to legitimise chucking - provided it is not judged as being dangerous. The batters have so many advantages these days, it's about time some leeway is given to the bowlers.

In an attempt to attract spin bowlers to cricket, there are matches being held at junior level where only medium to slow bowlers are used and there is a limit to the number of overs bowled by the seamers. Once their allotment is done - it's matchover for them. I can't see any problem with "chucking" at that level, provided that the bouncers are not chucked.

Any views?

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 18 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #10

Site Administrator
Group Icon

As we know fellas ALL bowlers arms will flex during a delivery. It's just like a golf club really. When you watch these in slow motion it's amazing the amount of flex that is evident.

Even cricket bats flex via the handle to some degree, so should we ban cane handles because of this....NOPE!

What we have to be careful with here is that we don't confuse this felxion with a straightening of the arm or elbow at the time of delivery.

Without a natural flexion of the arm or any joint for that matter we would see an immense amount of injuries suffered by bowlers....Our bodies were designed to do what they do and without something like a brace of something similar....NO-ONE can stop that natural flexion.

To legalise chucking as such would be to totally change the nature of the game to a greater or lesser degree akin to allowing bowlers to pitch the ball as they do in baseball. No doubt this would increase the directional accuracy of bowlers, but it would be so far removed from what we understand cricket bowling to be that it simply would not constitute a bowled delivery.

However, I'm sure guys like Steve The Llama Harmison would be pleased if he could chuck a few down. (IMG:http://abcofcricket.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

He certainly can't bowl em at the stumps.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2017 - 09:35 PM