> From Bad To Worse
Shane
post Jan 24 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

England's slide continues. Beaten conclusively by the Kiwis last night in the one dayer, the Poms are starting to look like a team that has not only lost confidence, but is so far down on the scrap heap they might take a long time to regroup.

It looks like their WC campaign will be in tatters if they don't bounce back soon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bear
post Jan 24 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member

Group: Dedicated Member
Member No.: 977

QUOTE (Shane @ Jan 24 2007, 06:29 AM) *
England's slide continues. Beaten conclusively by the Kiwis last night in the one dayer, the Poms are starting to look like a team that has not only lost confidence, but is so far down on the scrap heap they might take a long time to regroup.

It looks like their WC campaign will be in tatters if they don't bounce back soon.

Whats with this mob?

Neville, have a shave and look like you mean business, Nixon, shut the F up and just play cricket (I think he talks to batsman from behind the stumps because he doesn't get to do much of it while he's batting), look interested. I cannot understand why Neville was given the skippers role when old medicare (Vaughan) was injured, again, why did the not take the one dayers as an excuse to change skippers? He does not have the ability to motivate his players, full stop!

I will say it was a great bowling and fielding effort by NZ, but not as good as a 90 run win, defending just over 200.

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Jan 24 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 287

QUOTE (Bear @ Jan 24 2007, 08:14 AM) *
Whats with this mob?

Neville, have a shave and look like you mean business, Nixon, shut the F up and just play cricket (I think he talks to batsman from behind the stumps because he doesn't get to do much of it while he's batting), look interested. I cannot understand why Neville was given the skippers role when old medicare (Vaughan) was injured, again, why did the not take the one dayers as an excuse to change skippers? He does not have the ability to motivate his players, full stop!

I will say it was a great bowling and fielding effort by NZ, but not as good as a 90 run win, defending just over 200.

No problem in the bowling department for me. All the problems in the world with the batsmen though. Need more confident, assertive players.

+Quote Post
Beth
post Jan 24 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 851

Well I'm glad we did something right. . I've been so down and out about our team lately (IMG:http://abcofcricket.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

+Quote Post
PommyDave
post Jan 26 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 1,151

Our ODI batting line-up in the last 3 years has consisted of Trescothick and Pieterson. Now we're being shown up for being not even average without them.

Is Nick Knight still playing any form of cricket? Bring him back ffs.

We all knew we were shyte at 50 overs cricket, but this is appalling.

People I'd keep for the moment would be:

Loye
Flintoff
Panesar
Anderson

The rest of them should be bricking themselves about their places at the moment. Useless cants.

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Jan 26 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (PommyDave @ Jan 26 2007, 08:07 PM) *
Our ODI batting line-up in the last 3 years has consisted of Trescothick and Pieterson. Now we're being shown up for being not even average without them.

Is Nick Knight still playing any form of cricket? Bring him back ffs.

We all knew we were shyte at 50 overs cricket, but this is appalling.

People I'd keep for the moment would be:

Loye
Flintoff
Panesar
Anderson

The rest of them should be bricking themselves about their places at the moment. Useless cants.

I thought Bell played ok, and Dalrymple is batting too low to make any impact.

As for Strauss, Colly, Plunkett, & Joyce, it's time to take rest. Loye may or may not make it, but he must be given the rest of the series to show or not.

Nick Knight retired to the Sky Sports studio at the end of last season.

+Quote Post
PommyDave
post Jan 26 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 1,151

Still reckon Knight should be brought back. He couldn't have had a worse tour than Strauss.

Then again, nor could my grandmother.

I just dont see any light in the ODIs. The test team we all know has its qualities even if they didnt exactly shine we know they'll do alright in the future. But I'm genuinely scared that we wont win a single game at the WC.

Solanki and Bopara in for Strauss and Coll. Vaughan back in for Joyce. God knows if it'll help but it'll make a change from watching Strauss, Coll and co being so out of their depth in this form of the game.

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Jan 27 2007, 05:54 AM
Post #8

Collingwood has been central to our 1-day team for a few years now and to drop him on the back of 3 or 4 poor games would be folly.

+Quote Post
mububban
post Jan 29 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #9

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,381

It's more than just a few bad games though. He hasn't fired a shot since the 200 in the Perth Test. He's got a look in his eyes that say "I don't know where my next run is coming from." He's a fighter, but at the moment it looks like his fight is gone. His strengths were usually sticking to the shots he plays well and leaving the rest. but at the moment he's not even doing that well.

And having a major player down on form can drag a team down around them. Rest him, hope he can find some form and if so, take him to the World Cup. If not, too bad.

Carrying an out of form player in a winning team is much easier, ie Matthew Hayden. He struggled, even in his first 50 it was ugly, but from then on he batted himself back into form. Which the Aussies had some luxury to do. England don't have that luxury.

+Quote Post
Andrew Beacom
post Jan 30 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 565

It's hard for me to believe that a country that plays so much limited overs cricket apparently has no idea how to play the game. No one expects them to test the Aussies any more but they should be on an even par with the Kiwi's.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 08:26 PM