Reply to this topicStart new topic
> India Test Series Predictions
Andrew Beacom
post Dec 8 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member

Group: Dedicated Member
Member No.: 565

Anyone interested in making predictions about leading run scorers, wicket takers etc. Shane?

On the batting front I think Hussey could be than man to dominate for the Aussies and for the Indians I'm not as sure. Laxman could easily do what he did previously and I lean more towards him than Sachin or Dravid. I do think that the lowest number of runs from a top 6 batter will be Ganguly.

I can see Lee dominating with the ball for the Aussies. Not sure how the Indians will get 20 wickets on Aussie pitches. Kumble and Singh will be important if they can adjust. Can't really see any of their medium pacers taking a bag of wickets.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 13 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ponting, Hayden, Hussey and Clarke will be the dominant batsmen for the Aussies. On the bowling front I think all the pacemen should do well and in particular Johnson and The Wild Thing.

For India, can't see them putting up much of a show in either Melb or Perth, especially Perth where the blood bin of old looks to be back to what it nearly was 10 years ago. They should do better in Adelaide and Sydney where their spinners could be more dominant. I'd be looking at Sehwag, Dhoni and Ganguly to get amongst the runs and Tendulkar to put on a big show in Adelaide and Sydney.

Should be a 4 zip series to Australia, with Sydney the only real chance for an Indian hiccup.

+Quote Post
Andrew Beacom
post Dec 14 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member

I'd say they are a good chance to draw Sydney with no Warnie or MacGill in the team. Assuming no bad weather I'd say 3 zip looks good. Nice to see Sehwag back in the team with zero form or runs behind his selection. The boys will be lining up to bowl at him.

+Quote Post
jamstains
post Dec 15 2007, 04:16 AM
Post #4

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 287

Can't wait to see Ganguly dance around the short quick stuff at Perth. The wicket looked back to form last week and Dada couldn't handle an Ashley Giles bouncer. Bring it on !!!

+Quote Post
Andrew Beacom
post Dec 15 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member

I have never rated the guy as a batsman and scoring runs at home against a pop gun attack on batting paradises means nothing. I'd have Tait and Lee warming up the moment he was into the attack and then place a leg side field so he knew what was coming. Give him some chin music and see how well he dances.

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 15 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Site Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (jamstains @ Dec 15 2007, 05:16 AM) *
Can't wait to see Ganguly dance around the short quick stuff at Perth. The wicket looked back to form last week and Dada couldn't handle an Ashley Giles bouncer. Bring it on !!!

I can't wait to see em all dancing around in Perth....not just Ganguly....Tendulkar is the target of our pacemen, so it could be a good battle I reckon.

Also, the curator from the G tells us his wicket will be fast and bouncey, so lets hope the forecast rain over the next couple of weeks doesn't ruin it.

+Quote Post
Andrew Beacom
post Dec 18 2007, 05:56 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member

Lets hope its better than the NSW vs Vic pitch was. Needs to hold together for long enough to cover 4 days a be a decent wicket.

+Quote Post
Shane
post Dec 18 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #8

Site Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Andrew Beacom @ Dec 18 2007, 06:56 AM) *
Lets hope its better than the NSW vs Vic pitch was. Needs to hold together for long enough to cover 4 days a be a decent wicket.

Andy....that was an early season pitch prepared during a cool and rather moist period. It's been warmer the last few weeks, however the cold weather is set to come back for xmas with plenty of rain forecast at least in the next 4-5 days.

I think our Aussie pitch doctor at the G will deliver to ensure the Indians don't have too much of a run feast.

+Quote Post
Andrew Beacom
post Dec 18 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member

I don't mind runs and I would back the Aussies to outscore the Indians on Aussie wickets every time. I just personally prefer to see a "test", a contest, between bat and ball. So I like a pitch that offers the bowlers something early and then flattens out. As long as it doesn't become a road where anyone can score.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 08:46 AM